The Ridge

posted on: Thursday, July 8, 2010

Last weekend I went to a stagette party and a baby shower. This is what I wore to the baby shower. It was a Jack and Jill party, and was pretty small and casual so I chose to wear a lace top and distressed jeans. After the shower I met up with Opheliac for a walk along the Fish Creek ridge.

These jeans are one of my favourite pairs. I've had them for a few years now. I really love distressed denim. I found these Nine West shoes at at a great price ($60!!) at winners. I am slowly getting back into heals. When flats became popular I resisted for a long long time because I thought that they made me look too short, but when I finally gave in to flats I lost my ability to walk in heals! Flats were also so much more practical when I was going to school in Lethbridge. The wind there is relentless and the University was built into a coulee, so there were a lot of hills and stairs on campus. 

Tuesday was JP's birthday. It was a pretty low key day. We went to Badass Jacks for wraps, picked up some drinks, then headed home to watch a movie of JP's choice. He picked The new Star Trek movie. I was reluctant to watch it because I've never been into Star Trek but I ended up really enjoying it. Yesterday JP and I and a couple friends headed to Edmonton to catch the Tool concert, one of JP's favourite bands. It was an amazing show. Tomorrow we are leaving for JP's annual birthday camping trip. This year will be the 10th anniversary. I'm planning on snapping a couple of camping inspired outfits this weekend. 

(lace top - American Apparel, jeans, belt, & necklace - American Eagle, cardigan - Joe Fresh Style, 
purse - Dooney and Bourke, shoes - Nine West)

3 comments:

  1. so pretty!!! loving the distressed jeans with the lace top!!! such a great ensemble!!! :D nice photos as always! :D


    Animated Confessions

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the pairs!! They look great. Good job. Also, the more I look at the sunset shot you like at the end, the more I'm coming around to the dramatic look it can give, especially when someone has bright blue eyes. ;) Nice!! You've encouraged me into heels now too, you know...

    ReplyDelete