IFB Conference & KMS After Party

posted on: Thursday, September 15, 2011

Wednesday Mikhaila and I attended the IFB Conference. Our day started bright and early again, as the conference started at 9 A.M at Milk Studios in Chelsea. It was a long day, but I can definitely say that I learned quite a bit of new information, and it was a good opportunity to network with other bloggers. The one critique that I have is that, although there were different topics for each panel, all panels ended up hashing out the same discussions over and over. Twitter vs Facebook. Being Authentic. Organic/Original ideas. I'm not sure if the topics were too similar, if the panelists were getting off topic, or if they got an idea/word stuck in their head after hearing previous panelists speak. Otherwise it was an informative and fun day.  It was interesting to hear Joe Zee speak about bloggers from the perspective of a magazines creative director, I got to speak briefly with Keiko Lynn, and Morgan from Morgan and Lua showed Mikhaila and I the Chelsea market. After the conference we hopped onto a party bus which took us to the Rivington Hotel for an After Party hosted by KMS California! We mingled with more bloggers, met Annie from The Style Shift, grabbed some champagne and snacks, all while KMS stylists showed us how to style our hair from day to night. Later we had the chance to get our own hair done! We left the party with a gift bag full of amazing KMS hair products. 

IFB CONFERENCE
Aldo Shoes, Missoni for Target
Magnum Ice Cream was doing nails and handing out gold crackle nail polish!
KMS CALIFORNIA AFTER PARTY
Mikhaila with Annie of The Style Shift
Before
After! Me with my amazing KMS Hair Stylist, Michael Noragon from Salt Lake City

8 comments:

  1. you look lovely as usual! Everything sounds so exciting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I could have gone! I am hoping for sure to head to NY during at least one fashion week. I did catch a bit of the livestreaming and I have to agree with you that it did seem that a lot of the same things were said over again in different ways by the different panelists. Joe Zee was awesome though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your hair really did look awesome, too bad we walked into a monsoon immediately after! I want to go back and re-live this week all over again just because that's how much fun I had with you!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just love all your NY posts; the photos, outfits and writing tell a really nice story. I especially love the top photo in this post of you in the 'eye of the storm' at IFB con. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, this looks like an amazing time with sweet swag! I love your knee highs in the first picture, so unexpected!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ashley! that 1st picture of you wearing those darling socks is so pretty! tremendous assortment of photos recapturing that grand day. omg, you got to meet Keiko too?! i've been reading her blog for years, probably would have gushed all over the poor thing had i seen her there.

    all the street-savvy style is ace - those hats....OH MY! and what a wind up to the day too, a hair did and all, wow! i love what they created for you, you and Mikhaila are gorgeous! xoox ♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks on your marvelous posting! I truly enjoyed reading it, you might be a great author.I will make certain to bookmark your blog and will eventually come back later in life. I want to encourage one to continue your great work.

    ReplyDelete