Poughkeepsie and Beacon

posted on: Sunday, September 11, 2011

Last Monday morning I woke up bright and early and headed to the airport. I was so excited to see New York for the first time, and especially to finally meet Mikhaila, that I didn't sleep at all! It ended up turning into a bit of an adventure getting there. Flight cancellations, detours, delays and twelve hours later I arrived in White Planes, NY! Tuesday we explored Poughkeepsie and Beacon and both places were so quaint and beautiful! I absolutely loved Beacon. The shops and the scenery were lovely.  

I'd been wanting to see one of Mikhaila's favourite stores in Beacon, Blackbird Attic, but unfortunately it is usually closed on Tuesdays, and we were heading to Brooklyn later on Tuesday evening. We walked by the shop anyways, and luckily the stores owner was inside and let us take a peek around! I could see why Mikhaila loves the shop. So many wonderful vintage and modern treasure. 

I feel so lucky to have met such an amazing friend through blogging. We clicked right away, and discovered that we are so similar. When we finally met, it was like we had know each other our whole lives! After a year of reading each others blogs, emailing back and forth and finally meeting, she has definitely become one of my closest friends. 

Thanks Mikhaila for being such a wonderful friend! I can't wait until you come and visit me in Calgary, and I'm looking forward to my next trip to New York!

Outfit Details
Zara leather jacket
Forever 21 sweater and lace shorts
Steve Madden Troopa boots
Stella & Dot heart necklace

Check out Mikhaila's posts on the IFB Conference and FNO
(Mine are coming soon)

4 comments:

  1. tremendous time high fives!!! what a trip that sounds like Ashley, so much to take in and meeting Mikhaila was such a wonderful highlight for you. loved all those re-cap photos, you both look gorgeous and i adore those darling lace shorts...such a rad color!

    friends for life is what. how absolutely brilliant! i haven't visited Mikhaila in waaaay too long, thanks for reminding me of her special internet spot. xoox ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. great colors! i love the f21 sweater -- so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looove the way the pictures came out. And I know I've said this a million times but I am so happy you came and we were able to spend so much time together! Can't wait to see the rest of your posts. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The shop looks so adorable! So many pretty finds. And I love railroad pictures, your outfit is so casual but chic. Your blog is just great :)

    Xo Chelle
    discoveringelegance.com

    ReplyDelete