Waterton

posted on: Friday, September 9, 2011

Here is the the third and final segment of mine and JP's mini road trip. After a couple days at Writing-On-Stone we headed to Waterton. JP had been to Waterton once before but I had never been. The first night we attempted to camp, but it was so windy that our tent broke in the middle of the night! We ended up having to pack up the next morning and head into town to find a hotel, which I'll admit I was a little happy about. Camping is fun, but I definitely prefer hotels! JP and I went to see the famous Prince of Whales hotel, which has the most amazing view of the lake. We also got to see some deer up close, although there were plenty of warnings everywhere saying not to feed them or they will aggressively beg! A little scary. In any small mountain town you have to check out the souvenir shops just for fun, and JP and I found one that had vintage furs, moccasins and mukluks! We had fun trying on all the furs and some of the crazy hats. 


8 comments:

  1. oh my goodness, the blues in these photos are so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. All the colours in these pics are so intense! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Waterton is so gorgeous, what a beautiful place!! I went there yeaaars ago, but I should go back. Such blue water, so wonderful and I'm jealous
    xJennaD

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful photos and some funny ones! hehe please tell me the husband got that coat or at the very least you picked up that fur jacket! ah! Nice meeting you yesterday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These photos are breathtaking!! Is this a preview of the things I'll get to see when I come visit? ;) And I love the one of you jumping, it's adorable. Tell Justin that hat and jacket could land him on the front page of chictopia...especially worn together. :P

    ReplyDelete
  6. These photos are seriously SO stunning! This little road trip sounds amazing - something Brett and I would totally do!

    I LOVED meeting you in NYC and had so much fun! xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. gosh, i love the whole photo assortment of this magnificent trip!

    ya, i'm not much of a camper so the tent breaking would have caused me to jump for joy - kinda like that freakin' adorable shot of you! can't believe how close the deer came up to you guys, what a blast of tranquility. makes me wanna vamoose our concrete world and get into the great outdoors all that much more. super cute store poses - JP's never looked better ; ) awe, radical good times.

    the rock faces from your last post are amazing and JP all zen'd out in that pose is awesome. my fave though has to be the sunset cuddle shot, just beautiful! xoox ♥

    ReplyDelete