Revlon | Dare to Wear Blue

posted on: Friday, August 16, 2013

Revlon recently had a #DareToWearBlue campaign and sent me a few items challenging me to create a look with blue products including the Revlon PhotoReady Primer + Shadow in Avant Garde and the PhotoReady Kajal Intense Eyeliner and Brightener in Blue Nile. I don't typically wear a lot of coloured eyeshadows and tend to stick to neutral shades, so I decided to combine the blue shades from the Revlon palette with some neural shades from the Urban Decay Naked Basics palette.

To start my eyes I used the shadow primer from the Avant Garde palette, then used Walk Of Shame from the Naked Basics palette over my entire lid and Naked 2 in the crease. I used the darkest blue shade from the Avant Garde palette in the outer most part of my crease and the light blue shade along my lower lash line. I lined the outer third of my upper lash line with the dark blue eyeliner from the double-ended eyeliner in Blue Nile and lined my waterline with the white pencil. I finished my eyes with a couple coats of the Revlon Lash Potion mascara. The end result was a subtle blue look that I ended up really liking.


What I'm Wearing
Face
Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum and Make Up For Ever HD foundation mixed
Laura Mercier Foundation Primer - Radiance
Bobby Brown Corrector
Maybelline Dream Lumi Touch Highlighting Concealer
Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder in Dim Light
NYX blush in Pinched
Eyes
Revlon PhotoReady Primer + Shadow in Avant Garde (c/o)
Urban Decay Naked Basics palette - W.O.S and Naked 2
Revlon PhotoReady Kajal Intense Eyeliner and Brightener in Blue Nile (c/o)
Revlon Lash Potion Volume + Length Mascara by Grow Luscious (c/o)
Benefit Instant Brow Pencil
Lips
Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick  in Pink Cognito

4 comments:

  1. oooh, the revlon primer sounds like somehting i'd like!
    so happy to be following you!
    Anticipation

    ReplyDelete
  2. i was previously afraid to buy blue eye shadow or liner, but i love the way this looks on you! i think i need to be brave and dare to wear blue, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think blue really suits you!

    xoxo Jackie
    http://somethingaboutthatthing.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete