Favourite Primers

posted on: Thursday, May 29, 2014

Primers


I first discovered makeup primers around six years ago. I saw a travel size version of the Korres Primer in the sample size section in Sephora and decided to try it out. From then on primers became a must have for me. Over the years I've had some primer fails and successes, but these five have been my favourites so far.

Smashbox Photo Finish Foundation Primer in Light
This was the second primer that I tried out. I've tried the original and the light versions of the Smashbox Primers but the light version is the one I prefer. I wasn't really a fan of the original version, but I know that  a lot of people rave about it and it's won some awards. I want to say the Smashbox Primer in Light was my favourite of the bunch, but they are all pretty close.

Make Up For Ever HD Microperfecting Primer in #0 Neutral
I've tried this primer in the travel size when I bought the Make Up Forever HD Foundation kit. I think it's pretty similar to the Smashbox Primer in light, so I was an immediate fan.

Korres Face Primer
As mentioned above. The first primer that I tried. It's been a while since I've tried this primer and I'm thinking I might have to buy this one again soon. Overall I love Korres as a brand. I like that they use a lot of natural ingredients and I've never had a reaction to their products which always brings me back.

Skindinavia The Makeup Primer Spray
I just recently was sent this new makeup primer spray to test out. I love the Urban Decay by Skindinavia makeup setting sprays, so I  imagined that I would like a primer spray too! I've been using it for a couple weeks now and I have definitely been loving it. It goes on as a light mist, and you can't even feel it on your face once it dries.

Laura Mercier Foundation Primer in Radiance
This primer is a little different from the rest of the primers I tried. It is described as having a "pearl tint" and is supposed to make you look glowing and radiant. I personally like this primer  because I think the shimmer in it give a nice glow and its pretty subtle after I apply my foundation over it.

What are your favourite primers?

5 comments:

  1. Kali always uses a primer but I (Diana) have yet to try one - these are some good suggestions, I might just need to finally try one out! XO, D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely picks! Laura Mercier primers are my favourite :)

    -Jen

    www.vibrantbeautyblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. A spray primer...interesting. I may have to try something like this if I come across something similar.
    Great post!
    Meghan
    www.todaysbeautyobsession.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the Smashbox Primer, I managed to pick mine up for around $25 dollars on a HUGE discount at a local drugstore!

    Krystal | Little Beauty Bug <3 & Tumblr

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's so awesome that you got the Smashbox Primer at such a good price!

    ReplyDelete