Stoneleigh Wines

posted on: Tuesday, November 11, 2014

LLL.stoneleigh_2147 LLL.stoneleigh_2148
I was contacted by Stoneleigh Wines recently to test out a couple of their wines. I've been getting back into wine lately, especially red wines, so I thought it would be fun to try them out. Stoneleigh Wines are from New Zealand, and the name comes from the stones that cover the vineyard that are reminiscent of an ancient riverbed. The stones absorb the heat from the sun and reflect the suns heat back up to the vines, which contributes to the unique Stoneleigh taste. 

I find that sometimes just adding a glass of wine to a meal at home with my husband can turn the evening from an everyday meal into an at home date night. This is exactly what we did last Friday night, and it was the perfect way to end a busy week. We decided to try out the bottle of Pinot Noir with our dinner. Trying out a Pinot Noir was different for me because I usually gravitate towards Malbecs or Merlots. I don't know too much about wine but the Pinot Noir was a pale ruby colour, and I found it to be fairly light. The wine is described as fruity with flavours of plum, raspberry, black cherry and oak spice.  I think the most notable flavour for me was the cherry.

Once a month my family gets together for a family dinner, so last Sunday I thought it was the perfect way to continue trying out the wines by brining along the Sauvignon Blanc to the family dinner. The Sauvignon Blanc is described as crisp, vibrant and lively. With this wine has a distinct grapefruit scent and tropical fruity flavour. 

I'm curious to try out the Stoneleigh Riesling and Merlot. Have you tried Stoneleigh Wines? What is your favourite wine?

xo Ashley

3 comments:

  1. I haven't tried them but they sound delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They were pretty good. I liked the white a little more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never tried Stoneleigh wines before, but that doesn't mean I wouldn't want to try them. I totally agree that wine makes any occasion feel more special.

    xo Jackie

    Something About That

    ReplyDelete