Make Up For Ever | Step 1 Skin Equalizers

posted on: Wednesday, May 6, 2015

MUFEprimer_3834 MUFEprimer_3840
I'm always up for trying out anything new from Make Up For Ever, so of course I jumped at the chance to try out their new Step 1 Skin Equalizers. I've done a post of my top primers in the past (read it here), and Make Up For Ever has made it into my top primers list before, so I was expecting to like this new range of primers as well. The primers are divided into two purposes, correcting texture and tone, and I was send one from each category. I received the number 4 nourishing primer from the texture category and the number 6 cool pink radiant primer from the tone category. 

The nourishing primer is meant to add moisture and replenish dry skin and can be described as "the skin cocoon". This primer is great for those who either have dry skin or live in extreme climates where temperatures are always changing. This nourishing primer has a unique vegetable complex, shea butter, and antioxidant vitamin E to help sooth and protect the skin from the elements. 

The Cool Pink primer is meant to add radiance and a glowing base to lighter complexions. It can be thought of as the "flush of freshness" primer. The tone primers are said to brings light to the skin and corrects skin tone. The Cool Pink primer can be used to perk up dull skin and add a fresh glow or rosy tint, making the skin appear refreshed. 

I think the coolest thing about these primers is that there are so many different options to choose from, so there is bound to be one that suits your skins needs (there are 11 primers in total). You can also mix and match the primers to work together, which I think is a great concept.  Make Up For Ever claims that their new primers have a triple action effect; they help makeup go on smoothly, they optimize the colour and finish of your complexion, and they give your makeup staying power. For me, I really liked the combination of the nourishing and radiant primer together, and I do agree that they added lasting power to my makeup.

Unfortunately for me, I ended up having a minor allergic reaction to the Cool Pink Radiant Skin Equalizer. I'm allergic to titanium, and titanium dioxide is one of the ingredients in all the radiant primers. I read the ingredients list before using the primer, so I knew that there was a possibility I might have a reaction. I decided to try it out because depending on the amount of titanium in a product I can sometimes get away with using it without a reaction. Before I had the reaction I did like the effect that the primer had though. I have had no issues with the nourishing primer, which I am so happy about because I really do love it. I think the nourishing primer is perfect living in Calgary where the climate is dry and the weather is unpredictable.

Over all, I would definitely recommend checking out these primers! 

Do you use a makeup primer, or have you tried the Step 1 Skin Equalizers? 

xo Ashley

0 comments:

Post a Comment